JEREMY Corbyn has threatened to infect Britain with ‘Corbynism’ as he delivered his keynote Conference speech.
The hard left leader said Labour was ready to enter Downing Street and said his party was on the ‘Threshold of power’.
In his hard left keynote speech, he declared that:
- Labour is now on a war-footing for a new snap nationwide poll if the minority Tory government fails.
- Jez insisted that the party are now on the “threshold of power”, even though his party did not win the election
- Mr Corbyn insisted his controversial socialist plans were just “common sense” as he promised to turn back the clock on Tory Britain
- He vowed socialist control rents under a Labour government which were immediately slammed by property experts
- He mocked the Tory election disaster by using their campaign slogans “strong or stable”, “magic money tree” and “coalition of chaos” against them
- He detailed a list of policies the Tories have junked since the election – and accused Theresa May of cherry-picking new ones from Labour
- Corbyn declared that Labour respected the EU referendum result and committed to staying in the Single Market for a “limited transition period” after Brexit
- He hit out at Theresa May for under-funding the police – which he claimed again led to the terror attacks in Westminster, Manchester and London Bridge
In one surreal moment, he led the crowd in a rendition of Happy Birthday for CLUELESS Diane Abbott.
He condemned abuse – but failed to address the antisemitism row that has engulfed the party yet again
Mr Corbyn hit out at Donald Trump’s “dangerous” path and vowed that Labour would not follow America’s lead
He declared that the Grenfell fire disaster was a “monument for a degraded regime” which stands for a “failed and broken system”
And he called for a two-state solution to solve the conflict between Israel and Palestine
Jezza declared this afternoon: “Against all predictions, in June we won the largest increase in the Labour vote since 1945 and achieved Labour’s best vote for a generation.
“It’s a result which has put the Tories on notice and Labour on the threshold of power.
“We have become a government-in-waiting. And our message to the country could not be clearer: we are ready for government.”
Referring to the cabinet split after WEEKS of division over Brexit, he said: “For Britain’s sake, pull yourself together, or make way.”
“We are ready to tackle inequality, ready to rebuild our National Health Service, ready to give opportunities to young people, dignity and security to all older people.
“Ready to invest in our economy and met the challenges of climate change and of automation, ready to put peace and justice at the heart of our foreign policy and ready to build a new and progressive relationship with Europe.
“We are ready and the Conservatives are not – they’re certainly not strong and they’re definitely not stable.”
He also highlighted a new policy to abolish all tuition fees for college courses as well as for university degrees.
The plan will cost £2.5bn a year and its cost has already been factored into Labour’s plan for tax rises on the wealthy and businesses.
“We will control rents – when the younger generation’s housing costs are three times more than those of their grandparents, that is not sustainable,” he said.
He ended by declaring: “Labour can and will deliver a Britain for the many and not the few.”
Following the mammoth speech the party delivered a passionate rendition of the socialist song The Red Flag, followed by Jerusalem.
LABOUR6 days ago
UNDER LABOUR’S WATCH: 1,000 girls raped, beaten and some KILLED in UK’s biggest grooming scandal
TORIES2 weeks ago
JIHADI APPEASEMENT OUTRAGE: UK Government plans to target 20,000 Jihadis… with council homes
TORIES6 days ago
After The Governments Attack on Free Speech, We Can No Longer Support The Conservatives