Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

Barcelona

UK looking into reports of missing child following Barcelona attack

A policeman stands next to an ambulance after a van ploughed into the crowd, injuring several persons on the Rambla in Barcelona on August 17, 2017. / AFP PHOTO / Josep LAGO (Photo credit should read JOSEP LAGO/AFP/Getty Images)

PRIME Minister Theresa May said on Friday that Britain was looking into reports of a missing child with dual British nationality after a suspected Islamist militant killed 14 people and wounded scores of others in Barcelona.

“We do believe that a number of British nationals were caught up in the attack, and we are urgently looking into reports of a child believed missing who is a British dual national,” she said in a televised statement.

May also said that Britain would look carefully at the powers the police and security agencies needed to tackle the common threat from militant attacks.

Advertisement. Scroll to continue reading.

 

Advertisement. Scroll to continue reading.

DON'T MISS

Comment

In 2018 Britain was in crisis, we had a weak and unstable leader who had lost her majority, pushing a soft Brexit and a...

Latest

ANTI-Terror police searched for Islamist bombs ahead of a planned protest in Telford on Saturday. The move came ahead of the highly-anticipated expose of...

New York

A MAN arrested over the shooting of 10 people on the New York subway has been charged with a terrorism offence. The suspect, who...

Latest

AN ISIS Terrorist who killed a Tory MP in his constituency surgery last year has been found guilty of murder at London’s Old Bailey,...

Advertisement

LIKE US ON FACEBOOK

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER