DOZENS of Chinese Takeaways in Britain have closed over fears of spreading the deadly Coronavirus that has killed over 1,000 people in China.
Mings in Selby closed over the fears with its owners delaying re-opening over virus fears and a takeaway in Scotland was forced to close after its owners came back from celebrating Chinese New Year in China.
The Yorkshire Post revealed one owner had just returned from a trip to Hong Kong and made the decision to delay re-opening due to Coronavirus fears.
The owner said: “Following the news in the UK. We wish to respect our customers, We will be opening two weeks later than scheduled, We shall reopen Wednesday 26th February, Sorry for any inconvenience caused.”
SCOTTISH TAKEOUT CLOSES OVER VIRUS
A Takeaway in Scotland was also closed due to the deadly virus.
The Daily Record reported that the Millfield Kitchen and Chinese Takeaway in Scotland was also closed after workers returned from a holiday to China and were placed into self-quarantine.
A sign in the door window said: “Due to our staff having to be quarantined after coming back from China, we will be open on the 18th. Sorry for any inconvenience.”
“We do not have to quarantine ourselves but we have read the UK government notice to better self quarantine as a safety pre-caution and to give friends, families and everyone around us a safe peace of mind.”
“We also called the GP for their advise and they have said we do not have to quarantine ourselves if we have come back from a non affected area in China but we have done so to keep our mind at peace and be safe, reliable to all our customers.”
Councillor David Fairweather leader of the local Angus Council said: “The staff had been in China and have decided to quarantine themselves.”
“There’s nothing sinister in this or untoward.”
“There’s also no suggestion at all that anyone would have any problems regarding the virus, and good for them for taking precautions and allaying any fears.
“It’s a well-run establishment and I would not deter anyone in the community from using it.
“I’ll look forward to the premises reopening later this month.”
CHINESE WOMAN BRINGS CORONAVIRUS TO UK… THEN TAKES UBER!
A CHINESE woman brought more of the deadly Coronavirus to Britain after flying in from China, according to reports.
The silly sod later took an Uber to A&E, the Uber driver was contacted and is understood to be taking medical advice.
The unnamed lady flew into London from China days ago and tested positive for the deadly disease that has so far infected eight people in the UK, bringing the total to nine.
Britain’s Chief medical officer told the BBC “the woman was transferred to a specialist NHS centre at Guy’s and St Thomas’ in central London.
STORMZY SCRAPS PART OF WORLD TOUR OVER VIRUS FEAR
STORMZY cancelled part of his world tour in Asia due to fears of the Coronavirus that has sofar killed 1,300 in China.
“Due to the ongoing health and travel concerns surrounding the coronavirus, I’m regrettably having to reschedule this leg of the tour,” he wrote on Instagram.
“I was seriously looking forward to bringing the #HITH World tour to Asia and playing some epic sold out shows,” the rapper said.
“Information regarding the rescheduled dates will follow in due course. Please contact your local ticket vendor for any further queries. I promise I’ll be back.”
F1 ‘ON HOLD’ DUE TO DEADLY VIRUS
FORMULA ONE was plunged into chaos this week after the Chinese Grand Prix was postponed by organisers due to Coronavirus.
The event due to be held in Shanghai on 19 April was cancelled with organisers saying: “As a result of continued health concerns and with the World Health Organisation declaring the coronavirus as a global health emergency, the FIA and Formula 1 have taken these measures in order to ensure the health and safety of the travelling staff, championship participants and fans, which remains of primary concern.”
“All parties will take the appropriate amount of time to study the viability of potential alternative dates for the Grand Prix later in the year should the situation improve.”
“The Chinese Grand Prix has long been an important part of the F1 calendar with many passionate fans. The FIA F1 community looks forward to racing in China as soon as possible and wishes everyone in the country the best during this difficult time.”
WHAT IS CORONAVIRUS?
The coronavirus outbreak has been declared a global health emergency by the World Health Organisation (WHO). Close to 1,300 have died and more than 30,000 people have been infected with the respiratory disease which originated in the Wuhan city in China.
IS IT SAFE TO TRAVEL TO CHINA?
The Government has warned people not to travel to China. The official advise from the FCO (Foreign and Commonwealth Office) is against all but essential travel to the rest of mainland China (not including Hong Kong and Macao).
The Foreign Office added: “The British Consulates-General in Wuhan and Chongqing are currently closed. If you’re in China and able to leave, you should do so.”
People who have travelled to other locations have also been told to self-isolate if they have come back from countries including Thailand and Japan.
The official list of countries include:
- Republic of Korea
- Hong Kong
HOW YOU CAN HELP TO STOP THE SPREAD
The UK Government launched a UK-wide public information blitz last week advising Brits on how to slow the spread of coronavirus and reduce the impact on NHS services.
So far NINE cases have hit the UK, most cases are from China.
The government-funded campaign includes public health advice on how people can protect themselves from infection.
The campaign will promote important hygiene practices, such as regularly washing hands and always sneezing into a tissue, to stem the spread of viruses.
The campaign advises the public to:
- always carry tissues and use them to catch coughs and sneezes, and bin the tissue
- wash hands with soap and water, or use sanitiser gel, to kill germs
Health Secretary Matt Hancock said: “Our highly trained and experienced clinicians are working round the clock to prevent the spread of coronavirus in the UK.”
“The government has detailed plans for how to deal with an outbreak like this. We can all play our part.”
“Basic hygiene such as washing our hands regularly and using tissues when we cough and sneeze can play an important role in minimising the spread of viruses like this. Today we have launched a UK-wide public information campaign to help the public protect themselves and each other.”
“Our world-class NHS is well prepared and we are doing everything we can to protect the public.”
People who have travelled back from the Hubei province in China within the last 14 days are being asked to:
- stay indoors and avoid contact with other people as you would with the flu
- call NHS 111 to inform them of your recent travel to the city
- if you are in Northern Ireland, call your GP
Anyone who has travelled from anywhere else in China (not including Macao or Hong Kong) to the UK in the last 14 days and develops symptoms of cough, fever or shortness of breath should immediately self-isolate, even if symptoms are minor, and call NHS 111.
The UK is extremely well prepared for any potential outbreak of an infectious disease – we are one of the first countries in the world to have developed a test for the new virus.
On Friday 31 January 2020, 2 patients in England, who are members of the same family, tested positive for coronavirus.
They are receiving specialist NHS care and we are using tried and tested infection control procedures to prevent further spread of the virus.
The government is already working rapidly to identify any contacts the patients had to prevent further spread, and are in close contact with the World Health Organization and the international community as the outbreak in China develops to ensure the UK is ready for all eventualities.
Coronavirus presents with flu-like symptoms including a fever, a cough or difficulty breathing. The current evidence is that most cases appear to be mild. For further information on coronavirus, visit www.gov.uk/coronavirus.