HOLLY Willoughby will be crowned daytime TV queen as the main presenter of This Morning when the show gets rebooted in September as ITV1 prepares to distance itself from the Phillip Schofield fallout and backstage presenter fall outs and feuding.
Instead of naming a permanent co-host for Holly Willoughby, ITV daytime bosses have decided to continue with a series of co-presenters including Josie Gibson and Craig Doyle, along with Dermot O’Leary and Alison Hammond who host on Fridays and holidays.
A source told Politicalite: “The idea of finding the next Phil to sit next to Holly has been disregarded by ‘This Morning’s bosses.
It will be Holly along with whichever rotating presenter is selected to join her. It will essentially be Holly’s show.
“Bosses hope that they can put all of the Schofield scandal behind them and start concentrating on the content of the show rather than the twosome presenting it. At least this way there won’t be any falling out.
Holly, 42 is currently away from This Morning on her annual summer holiday to her second home in Portugal with her TV producer husband Dan Baldwin and their three kids ahead of September’s hotly anticipated reboot of This Morning with a new studio and a fresh graphics design.
“Holly is so excited about the plan, she loves Josie, Craig, Alison and Dermot. It’s a happy ship and she made the decision not to quit but instead to return and keep things going while being at the helm. Holly is absolutely determined to head up the challenge to make the show a success again.”
Holly is set to sign a new contract for the show when she returns from her summer holidays.
Phillip left the show after it was revealed that he had lied to show bosses, Holly and reporters about his relationship with a younger co-star.
Speaking to The Sun, he previously said: “I’ve lost my best friend. I let [Holly] down. I let that entire show down. I let the viewers down. Holly did not know and she was one of the first texts that I sent, to say: ‘I am so, so sorry that I lied to you’.
“She didn’t reply and I understand why she didn’t reply as well. So, yeah, if anyone is in any way linking Holly to this, that is absolutely, wholly untrue.”
Holly Willoughby is poised to sign a new contract with ITV.
The 42-year-old presenter is set to sign a lucrative new contract with the broadcaster, in a move that has been tipped to “save” ‘This Morning’ in the wake of Phillip Schofield’s exit.
A source told the Mail on Sunday newspaper: “Holly is going back. People have been saying she won’t for some time now but she is.
“ITV want her back, and they are delighted she has agreed. It will be made official shortly but it will save ‘This Morning’, it will ease a huge crisis that they are in.
“It most probably would have been game over for them if Holly had left.”
Holly is expected to return to ‘This Morning’ in September, after going on holiday earlier this month.
The show’s future was thrown into doubt after Phillip announced his departure in May.
At the time, Phillip claimed that he wanted the programme to “move forward to a bright future”.
The veteran presenter – who co-hosted the ITV show for more than 20 years – wrote on Instagram at the time: “Throughout my career in TV – including in the very difficult last few days – I have always done my best to be honourable and kind.
“I understand that ITV has decided the current situation can’t go on, and I want to do what I can to protect the show that I love.
“So I have agreed to step down from ‘This Morning’ with immediate effect, in the hope that the show can move forward to a bright future.”