BREAKFAST Telly presenter Piers Morgan is having a hard-time after The Sun exposed his lapse in wearing a mask and is blocking anyone who mentions his mask-hap.
The Sun on Sunday exposed the former newspaper editor after failed to wear a mask in a taxi with wife Cecila on Friday night.
The lapse came after the Presenter, 55 had spent the past seven months lecturing Britons on the benefits of mask-wearing and branding anyone opposed to draconian Covid-19 rules, “morons”, but the Covid sceptics had the last laugh after the fickle and thin-skinned presenter blocked a regular GMB guest for calling out Piers on his hypocrisy.
You can’t just forget, Piers.
You of all people should know that just seconds of not wearing a mask means you just potentially killed thousands of grannies. https://t.co/VpsoAggto8
— Dominique Samuels (@DominiqueTaegon) December 13, 2020
Right-Wing commentator Dominique Samuels sent Piers a tweet accusing him of “potentially killing thousands of Grannies.”, and fickle Piers BLOCKED her.
Was it something I said? ? pic.twitter.com/mrlXX70hkz
— Dominique Samuels (@DominiqueTaegon) December 15, 2020
“You can’t just forget, Piers. You of all people should know that just seconds of not wearing a mask means you just potentially killed thousands of grannies.” Piers wasn’t having any of it and blocked Samuels.
Piers has apologised for forgetting to wear his mask telling his more than 6m Twitter followers: “I did breach Covid rules for a few seconds by forgetting to put my mask on before I got in the cab.”
“Fortunately, I remembered as we pulled away & put it on. Masks help save lives, so it’s very important we all remember to wear them when we should.”
Piers is not the only telly host to breach COVID guidelines. Last week Sky News presenter Kay Burley was suspended after breaching COVID social distancing rules.
Sky rapped the presenter and took her off air for six months after she was busted breaking COVID-19 guidelines despite attacking Government ministers and Dominic Cummings for breaking COVID rules.
The hypocrisy was too much and it seems Sky has judged that Kay Burley can no longer report on COVID-19 and grill ministers without her own rule breaks being brought up.
Sources told Politicalite that Sky hopes the COVID-19 restrictions will be over within six months and Kay will be able to return to front the channels morning programmes.
Sky political reporter Beth Rigby has also been rapped and suspended for three months along with correspondent Inzamam Rashid.
In a statement Sky News said: “A small number of Sky News staff attended a social event in London on Saturday evening during which COVID-19 guidelines were breached.”
“As a result of an internal review Sky News presenter Kay Burley has agreed to be off air for six months, and political editor Beth Rigby and correspondent Inzamam Rashid have agreed to be off air for three months.”
“All those involved regret the incident and have apologised.”
“Everyone at Sky News is expected to comply with the rules and the company takes breaches like this very seriously indeed.”