I’M A CELEBRITY… Get Me Out Of Here! will give Brits the chance to evict the first camp mate from the Australian jungle on Friday night, Politicalite can exclusively reveal.
Telly bosses told Politicalite that they are planning to air an extended 90-minute show on Friday which could feature an eviction and an interview with national treasures Ant McPartlin and Declan Donnelly.
IAC sources added that they think Tory MP Matt Hancock be the first to leave I’m A Celebrity … Get Me Out Of Here! after the public voted for him to take part in his sixth Bushtucker trial on Sunday.
The former Health Secretary’s arrival in the jungle has divided both viewers, fellow MPs and the other campmates and audiences at home have been brutal by voting for him to take part in every gruelling Bushtucker trial since he joined the show.
He’s now due to face his sixth sickly challenge after the results of the vote were revealed on Sunday night and I’m A Celebrity bosses think he could be the first to leave.
WHO GOES? YOU DECIDE!
A show source told Politicalite: “Things can change quickly in camp, especially if someone was to quit, but at the moment we look all set for evictions to begin from Friday.”
Matt, 44, could face the axe along with ‘Loose Women’ star Charlene White and ‘A Place In The Sun’ presenter Scarlette Douglas.
The source added: “Currently Charlene, Scarlette and Matt are the favourites to go with bookmakers. If there is a second eviction over the weekend it means there would be two chances for viewers to get Hancock out this week.
“So much has been made of him wanting to look human and how he told the group in camp that he wants our forgiveness. We will find out soon if some people forgive him and if they are willing to vote to save him and keep his jungle journey going.”
DESERTED DOWN UNDER
BRAVE Matt Hancock faced his sixth consecutive trial on ‘I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out of Here!’ after being voted to be camp leader.
The 44-year-old politician – who served as the UK’s health secretary during the COVID-19 pandemic – is controversially appearing as a contestant on the ITV jungle survival show and has been chosen by the public once again to face unpleasantries to earn meals for camp in Deserted Down Under.
After Ant and Dec made the announcement, Matt’s campmates were seen laughing while he sighed: “Brilliant! What is Deserted Down Under then?”
Earlier in the show, Matt managed to win a total of nine stars – which equalled nine meals for camp – when he took part in the House of Horrors trial, which saw him battling against pigeons, and snakes and wading through offal in a giant doll’s house.
After his triumph in the trial, it was revealed that Matt and former rugby player Mike Tindall had been selected by the public to go head-to-head in a battle to become camp leader, with Matt selecting journalist Charlene White to be his deputy and Mike selecting ‘Coronation Street’ star Sue Cleaver.