EMBATTLED Labour Leader Sir Keir Starmer threatened to take legal action against a British news outlet on Tuesday after we exposed the parties alleged links to a renowned BBC paedophile, Politicalite can reveal.
Last month we exclusively revealed that two of Labour’s candidates in the local elections were pictured with a man who is accused of having links to renowned BBC perv Stuart Hall.
Predictably, Mr Starmer – who has a history of defending BBC pervs (see below) – hit back and threatened to sue Politicalite and report us to the Police; unless we removed the article from our website and from social media.
“The article makes claims against two Labour Party candidates that are categorically false and, in our view, are defamatory.” said the parties legal office.
Labour also threatened to report us to the Police: “We should also take this opportunity to remind you that it is a criminal offence pursuant to s. 106 of the Representation of the People Act 1983 to make false statements regarding the conduct or character of a candidate during an election campaign.” said the letter.
“For the reasons above, we would request that you immediately remove the article from your website and any associated posts on social media. Failure to do so will result in a complaint being made to the police and possible legal action.”
Ex-BBC Sport presenter Hall, a convicted paedophile was jailed for a string of sex attacks on young girls as young as 13, and sources told to Politicalite that the disgraced BBC presenter was a close ally and supporter of former Labour MP turned Lord, Tom Pendry.
One of the victims – Susan Melville – who decided to waive her anonymity – was just fifteen herself when she was groomed by Hall after presenting a prize to secondary school students at Longdendale High School.
When Stuart Hall later pleaded guilty to sexual offences in 2013, the Independent released an article called “How I Exposed Stuart Hall” by Yasmin Alibhai-Brown, it contained one interesting snippet: “She went to the studios [BBC] encouraged by her mum and head teacher. And went back again, and once more.”
“He seemed caring. Then, having groomed her, she alleges, he got her drunk and started the abuse. She kept going back.His mates, including an MP who is now a Peer, she claims, helped Hall with his filthy hobby.”
The Independent’s article was later mysteriously removed and was reposted without the Lords name.
The copy online was changed too: “She went to the studios [BBC] encouraged by her mum and head teacher. And went back again, and once more. He seemed caring. Then, having groomed her, she alleges, he got her drunk and started the abuse. She kept going back. His mates, she claims, helped Hall with his filthy hobby.”
Hall backed Labour Lord Pendry when he stood for the parliamentary seat of Stalybridge and Hyde election in 1979.
Labour’s Hyde Werneth candidate for the 2021 Elections was pictured with Pendry drinking in the Lords home in unearthed pics leaked to Politicalite.
Pendry was also pictured with another local Labour lad, Cllr Leigh Drennan – candidate for Ashton Hurst.
Labour’s official Governance and Legal Unit sent a letter slamming the claims – but they omitted to mention Lord Pendry by name in the letter, a clear sign that Politicalite and our sources are telling the truth.
Legal boffins told Politicalite that Labour’s legal letter was a “thinly veiled attempt to silence the free press and scare us into removing the claims before the elections on May 6th.”
Politicalite has contacted Labour for comment.