Connect with us

Latest

GUN HORROR: Six Killed, Including Gunman After Mass Shooting in Plymouth

Published

on

SIX people are confirmed dead, including the gunman after a mass shooting incident in Plymouth, England with other casualties receiving treatment, Police have said.

The shock massacre on a summers evening was described as a ‘random’ slaughter by locals and is not thought to be terror related.

An image of the male alleged to have shot five people dead, including a child under 10 before killing himself was leaked to the press.

The Daily Mirror reported that the suspect was named locally as Jake Davison, but his identity has not been confirmed by Police.

The incident occurred on Biddick Drive in the Keyham area of the city, local law enforcement said.

“Police have confirmed that six people have died in the shooting in #keyham in #plymouth. More people are being treated for their injuries in hospital. Just so unspeakably awful,” Plymouth Member of Parliament Luke Pollard tweeted.

Advertisement

Emergency services, including air ambulance and senior paramedics, responded to the incident at around 6:10 p.m. local time.

Officers found two women and two men dead, police said. Another man, believed to be the offender, was also dead at the scene. All are believed to have died from gunshot wounds. Another woman was treated at the scene for gunshot wounds, but died later in a hospital.

Local eyewitnesses have claimed that the gunman shot himself dead after shooting at people, including the suspects mother and a toddler.

Devon and Somerset Police said a “critical incident” had been declared, the area cordoned off, and it believes the situation is “contained” and Johnny Mercer, the local Tory MP and former soilder said it was not terror-related,

Police said: “Police were called to a serious firearms incident in Biddick Drive, in the Keyham area of Plymouth at around 6.10pm today … Officers and ambulance staff attended.

Advertisement
Screengrab from of helicopters at the scene in the Keyham area of Plymouth (@dylan_hainey/Twitter/PA)

“There have been a number of fatalities at the scene and several other casualties are receiving treatment.

“A critical incident has been declared.”

“The area has been cordoned off and police believe the situation is contained. Road closures are in place so please avoid the area.”

“We are appealing to the public not to speculate or share pictures of the scene on social media or anywhere else.”

Mr Mercer, Tory MP for Plymouth Moor View, tweeted: “The incident is not terror-related, and neither is the suspect on the run in Plymouth.

“Remain calm. It is for the police to confirm further details. Do not repost chatter or gossip; work with them. We have the best cops in the land.”

Advertisement

In an earlier tweet, Mr Mercer said he was “aware of a serious and tragic incident unfolding in Plymouth”.
He added: “Please obey all instructions from the police and do not post rumour or speculation on social media.”

The South Western Ambulance Service said it was called at just after 6pm on Thursday to Keyham.
The ambulance service tweeted: “We responded to the incident with a significant number of resources, including Hazardous Area Response Teams (HART), multiple ambulances, air ambulances, multiple doctors and senior paramedics.”

“We will provide an update here in due course.”

Luke Pollard, Labour MP for Plymouth Sutton and Devonport, said the situation looked like “a very grim day for our city and our community”.

Mr Pollard tweeted: “Really worrying news coming out of Keyham”, adding: “Please can everyone stay safe, stay indoors and follow police advice.”

Advertisement

In a second tweet, he said: “Update: awaiting confirmation of a number of victims but this looks like a very grim day for our city and our community.
“Please can I ask that you think of the families and our community and not share any images or videos of any of the victims.”

Home Secretary Priti Patel tweeted: “The incident in Plymouth is shocking and my thoughts are with those affected. I have spoken to the Chief Constable and offered my full support. I urge everyone to remain calm, follow police advice and allow our emergency services to get on with their jobs.”

More follows.

Advertisement
Advertisement

HOT 10

FOLLOW US ON FB

Most Shared