Connect with us

BOXING

COVID NEGATIVE: Pulev Continues Big Fight Prep As Confirmed Covid Negative

Kubrat Pulev has entered a bubble ahead of this weekend’s heavyweight bout with Anthony Joshua and promoter Eddie Hearn has confirmed the Bulgarian and his team have returned negative tests for Covid-19.

The 39-year-old, who boasts a record of 28-1, on Saturday reposted a clip on Twitter of him having a swab taken to test if he had coronavirus.

Matchroom’s Hearn confirmed on Sunday morning that result came back negative and preparations for Saturday’s fight at the SSE Arena, Wembley can continue.

Pulev has already been denied one shot at Joshua when he was forced to pull out of a world title clash with the Londoner, scheduled for October 28 2017, at the Principality Stadium in Cardiff.

A shoulder injury sustained in training weeks before that date saw the Sofia-born boxer replaced by Carlos Takam and his chance for glory was gone.

Saturday will see Pulev get his long-awaited opportunity against Joshua, who has not fought since he outpointed Andy Ruiz Jr last December.

If Joshua is victorious, it should set up a mouth-watering showdown with Tyson Fury in 2021.

The touchpaper between the pair was lit again when Fury responded on Twitter to an interview his rival had done with the Mail on Sunday.

Joshua said: “I do think he (Fury) should come over to Matchroom and 258 Management and let us handle his career. He’s a superstar, he’s a superstar in the making with the right management. He could go all the way.”

WBC belt holder Fury replied: “@anthonyfjoshua has it ever dawned on you I’m not interested in being a superstar, or famous.

“I’m a fighting man and only interested in smashing your face in, you keep the stardom, I’ll stay real, #youbigdosser I’m coming for u superstar, tick tock tick tock.”

Meanwhile, Matchroom have finalised the undercard to Joshua-Pulev at the SSE Arena.

Hackney cruiserweight Lawrence Okolie will now take on Poland’s Nikodem Jezewski after his original opponent Kzysztof Glowacki tested positive for Covid-19 last week.

Super-welterweight contender Kieron Conway had been prepared to face Souleymane Cissokho, but will do battle with fellow Englishman Macaulay McGowen.

Ramla Ali’s second professional fight against Vansea Caballero is no longer part of the show after Ali also returned a positive test for coronavirus.

Florian Marku, who signed a multi-fight deal with Matchroom in November, will be involved at Wembley in front of 1,000 fans in an eight-round contest against Alex Fearon.

Additional Reporting By The Press Association 

Leave your vote

0 points
Upvote Downvote

Total votes: 0

Upvotes: 0

Upvotes percentage: 0.000000%

Downvotes: 0

Downvotes percentage: 0.000000%

Written By

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Most Popular

REVEALED: ‘Somalian Islamist’ Linked to KILLING of Tory MP Sir David Amess

Terror

COMMENT: The Government MUST DEAL with Radical Islam After The Killing of Sir David Amess

Comment

COMMENT: Vaccine Passport U-Turn Proves Boris is THREAT to Liberty and Freedom

Latest

STOP THE BOATS: UKIP call for National Referendum on Immigration

Immigration

INSIDE 9/11: FBI’s ‘Bin Laden Expert’ Was Found DEAD at World Trade Center

WORLD EXCLUSIVE

ALL OUT: As Queen Praises Tennis Star, Adil Ray Sparks Race Row

CULTURE WARS

ROYAL SERVED: Prince Andrew to face Virginia Roberts in the US after High Court Intervention

Latest

TOO SAVAGE: Woke Mob Would CANCEL Lily Savage in 2021, says Paul O’Grady

Entertainment

NOT WELCOME: U.S. Stops Afghani Refugee Flights Over Measles Outbreak

Latest

GYPSY KING: Tyson Fury Beats DOSSER Deontay Wilder in Epic Knockout

BOXING

UK in Turmoil, Ministers in Hiding and Opposition in Civil War… WHO WILL LEAD BRITAIN?

Boris Johnson

EXCLUSIVE: Amir Khan ‘Removed From American Flight Following ALCOHOL and Mask-Row’ – NOT Racism

CULTURE WARS

ELLO, ALLAHU AKBAR: EastEnders Star Compares BBC Bosses To Taliban

Latest

NTA Winners Ant and Dec ‘Promoting Sex, Drug and Booze Vids to Kids’, investigation finds

Entertainment

BACK TO THE FUTURE? UK’s HGV Crisis Could Be Solved by Trains

BUSINESS

HYPOCRITE UNMASKED: Democrat Lawmaker MOCKED Over Met Gala Dress

Latest

ON ANOTHER PLANET: As Brits Struggle, BBC Boss Gets £75k Pay Rise

Latest

AMERICAN HERO: Trump Backed by NYPD as Biden BOOED at Ground Zero

Politicalite USA

FIGHTING BIG TECH: We’re Suing The Censors – Help Us Fight Back!

Latest

“I’M SORRY” ISIS Bride Shamima Begum Begs Brits for Forgiveness, Wants To Face Trial in UK

Latest

HOT 10

FOLLOW US ON FB

Most Shared

Connect
GET UPDATES IN YOUR INBOX

Hey there!

Forgot password?

Forgot your password?

Enter your account data and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Your password reset link appears to be invalid or expired.

Close
of

Processing files…