Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

Latest

ELIMINATED: Its the end of the road for Richie on Strictly Come Dancing

RICHIE Anderson has been eliminated from ‘Strictly Come Dancing.’

The 34-year-old radio host had been taking part in the BBC Latin and ballroom competition with professional partner Giovanni Pernice but became the latest celebrity to face the chop on Sunday after losing out to Fleur East and Vito Coppola in the dance-off.

After judges Motsi Mabuse, Anton Du Beke and Craig Revel Horwood all voted in favour of the former ‘X Factor’ star and her partner, Richie told host Tess Daly: “Do you know what as a ‘Strictly’ fan I always thought it was a magical thing to be a part of, and being here it really is and it’s not just the people that you see on camera, the judges, and you and Claud and the amazing people that I’ve got

to meet on this show. The people behind the scenes in hair, make-up, costume, Tasha our runner, Stef, Jas, everybody.”

The former Sunday League footballer – who has been in a relationship with Dean Eagles for over a decade – went on to explain he had been “so lucky” to dance with Giovanni and thanked his family, friends and other half for their support.

He said: “I also want to thank this guy [Giovanni] as well, he’s been so amazing, and I feel so lucky that I’ve got to dance with you every day. Not only are you a fantastic dancer but you are also a fantastic guy on top of that. I want to thank all my family and friends and my other half Dean, who is in the audience, I love you so much.”

Meanwhile, Giovanni – who last year was paired with ‘EastEnders’ actress Rose Ayling-Ellis and eventually won the show with her – went on to pay tribute to Richie as a “superfan” of the show and jokingly acknowledged that they would be leaving the competition dressed as characters from ‘The Lion King’, following their Movie Week performance.

He said: “I have to say it’s been an honour to be able to dance with you because I know how much you love Strictly Come Dancing,

you really are a superfan. And I’m glad that you got to do this experience and glad that I got to do it with you. It’s been a shame it’s been too short for us but I hope you’ve enjoyed every single second of it, and it stays in your heart forever. Look at us we’ve gone out dressed as Timon and Pumbaa. So lovely jubbly, well done Richie.”

Richie is the second famous face to be axed from the show, following the exit of ‘Loose Women’ panellist Kaye Adams in week one, leaving the likes of former ‘Coronation Street’ star Kym Marsh, Bros singer Matt Goss and Paralympian Ellie Simmonds all vying for the Glitterball Trophy.

Richie and Giovanni will be joining Rylan and Janette Manrara for their first exclusive televised interview live on ‘Strictly: It Takes Two’ on Monday 10 October at 6.30pm on BBC Two.

‘Strictly Come Dancing’ returns on Saturday 15 October at 6.30pm with the results show airing the next day at 7:15pm on BBC One.

DON’T MISS…

Advertisement