Media

VILE: BBC News Presenter Pleads Guilty To Child Sex Offences

A BBC News presenter has pleaded guilty to 40 sex offences against adults and children.

Ben Thomas, 44, admitted the crimes at Mold Crown Court on Friday.

They included sexual activity with a child, sexual assaults, indecent assaults, voyeurism and making indecent videos of children.

The ex-BBC Wales presenter committed the offences in north Wales, London, Shropshire and Romania over a span of 30 years.

The most recent crime was committed last year.

Thomas left his role at the BBC presenting a show aimed at young people in 2015 to become a preacher.
He had been based at Criccieth Family Church in Gwynedd until last year.

North Wales Police’s DC Lynne Willsher said: “Ben Thomas’ offending involved the serious sexual abuse of vulnerable young children by a religious leader.

“It is an awful breach of the trust placed in him by the victims and their families, and I cannot begin to imagine what impact the revelation of his offending has had on them.

“Today in court, Ben Thomas has admitted perpetrating 40 sexual offences.

“As a result of this, his victims have been spared the harrowing ordeal of a lengthy trial.”

“North Wales Police are very grateful for the strength and courage shown by all victims and their families; this has greatly assisted our investigation to ensure justice has been done today.”

“I am also grateful to the Evangelical Church and their safeguarding team for their assistance during the investigation.”

Judge Niclas Parry warned Thomas he was going to be jailed for a “significant” amount of time when he is sentenced at the same court on 18 August.

DEFUND THE BBC 

ANTI-Licence fee group ‘Defund the BBC’ has launched a UK-wide advertising blitz aiming to drum up support for the campaign to decriminalise non-payment of the TV licence. 

The group has raised over £30,000 since it’s launch is now asking Brits ‘are you still paying?’ on massive billboards with the salary of top BBC earners such as Emily Maitlis and Gary Lineker. 

One has already been revealed in South East London.

 Rebecca Ryan, Campaign Director of Defund The BBC, told Westmonster that: “This is the first of hopefully many billboards that will be cropping up across the country, as more and more people chip in to help put an end to BBC harassment and intimidation.”

“It’s not right that, in this digital age, people have to pay the BBC in order to watch Sky News on YouTube, and – just to add insult to injury – suffer ‘Aunty’s’ metropolitan groupthink along the way.”

“The mainstream media are hoping that if they ignore Defund The BBC we will quietly disappear. We call on everyone to chip in what they can, so that we can let people know – through billboards across the country – that we don’t have to pay to be insulted anymore.”

READ MORE 

Leave your vote

6 points
Upvote Downvote

Total votes: 6

Upvotes: 6

Upvotes percentage: 100.000000%

Downvotes: 0

Downvotes percentage: 0.000000%

To Top

Hey there!

Forgot password?

Forgot your password?

Enter your account data and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Your password reset link appears to be invalid or expired.

Close
of

Processing files…