PRINCE Andrew has been left feeling “resentful and hurt” after being forced to vacate the royal lodge and move to Prince Harry and Meghan’s UK cottage, Politicalite can exclusively reveal.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have been asked to “vacate” their UK home by King Charles – just weeks after Harry’s damning book Spare was released, the couple confirmed.
The move is reportedly to allow Prince Andrew to move into the cottage – but Andy doesn’t want to move from the Royal Lodge, royal insider has claimed to Politicalite.
Harry and Meghan’s spokesperson said a “request” had been made for the Sussexes to give up Frogmore Cottage close to Windsor Castle.
Reports have claimed the move was sanctioned by the King and it will remove their remaining foothold in the UK and further weaken ties with the royal family.
A source told Politicalite last night: “Andy doesn’t want to move from the Royal Lodge for which he has spent millions to improve.”
“Here’s the main point he unfortunately has followed Palace advice the past few years and now Charles has turned on him, so he’s resentful and hurt.”
“Meanwhile Charles has sent eviction notices to Harry and Meghan to vacate Frogmore Cottage in which they already paid several years worth of rent. They had also made improvements to the cottage. Harry will have tax problems if he doesn’t have a UK residence so he’ll need to buy a shack somewhere in England very soon.”
“Charles wants to square up any family loose ends before his Coronation but as of 2022 43% some of the British public never fully accepted Camilla and she will now become Queen. Charles going after royal family members is trying to deflect the disaffected public.”
The movers will be busy if Charles kicks Andy out of the Royal Lodge with swimming pool and land gets him into Frogmore Cottage, after the debree of the Sussexes is sent to Montecito. So far Andy is refusing. Apparently the rooms in Frogmore are small and Andy is insulted. Megan complained about that to the press.
The decision is likely to be interpreted as a major rebuke by Charles to his son, who since moving to North America in 2020 has criticised the monarchy and individuals within the institution alleging racism and a lack of support.
With the couple’s permanent UK base now gone, there will be speculation about whether they will receive an invite to the King’s coronation on May 6.
A spokesperson for the couple said: “We can confirm the Duke and Duchess of Sussex have been requested to vacate their residence at Frogmore Cottage.”
The move comes after Harry’s controversial autobiography was released in January which claimed the duke’s brother, the Prince of Wales, physically attacked him and that Charles put his own interests above Harry’s and was jealous of Meghan.
In a series of interviews to promote his memoirs, Harry gave an unflinching assessment of the Queen Consort, but also sympathised with the royal – describing her as not an “evil stepmother” in an interview with ABC’s Good Morning America.
The duchess said in an interview with The Cut magazine published last year, that “just by existing” she and Harry were “upsetting the dynamic of the hierarchy” before they stepped down as working royals in 2020.
The first, in-depth details about their troubled relationship with the royal family were revealed in a dramatic interview with Oprah Winfrey in 2021.
The Sun first reported Charles was “evicting” the couple from Frogmore Cottage and claimed it had been offered to the Duke of York.
But with the property being substantially smaller than Andrew’s Royal Lodge home. which he shares with ex-wife Sarah, Duchess of York, a move is unlikely.
Buckingham Palace declined to comment.