Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?


EXCLUSIVE: Greater Manchester Police responds to ‘two-tier policing claims’ after pro-Hamas protester DE-ARRESTED on the spot 

GREATER Manchester Police has responded to the incident in Manchester Centre on Saturday that saw a detainee pro-Hamas protester released and de-arrested after a mob of protesters surrounded a police van and demanded he was released.

After a major backlash on social media and accusations of “two tier policing” of demonstrations, a Greater Manchester Police spokesman revealed that the suspect was arrested on suspicion of criminal damage.

A GMP spokesperson told Politicalite: “GMP is aware of a video is circulating on social media showing officers arresting a teenage male on Market Street in Manchester City Centre on Saturday 2 December 2023.”

“Officers were responding to reports of damage being caused to the window of a commercial premises and arrested a 17-year-old male on suspicion of criminal damage.”

“The victim however could not provide sufficient evidence that linked the suspect to the offence, and without lawful grounds to proceed with the arrest, the teenager was subsequently de-arrested and released with no further action. “

The de-arrest came just a week after Cheshire Police and Met Police in London arrested journalist and former EDL leader Tommy Robinson whilst eating his breakfast in a restaurant. He was later charged and banned from any demonstrations or entering London.

The young male Pro-Hamas protester who was arrested in Manchester city centre on Saturday at a pro-Hamas demonstration was later de-arrested following a protest by other members of the group. 

An eyewitness speaking to Politicalite claimed that the group told GMP Police officers to “let him go” and then surrounded the Police van chanting “let him go! Let him go!”

Advertisement. Scroll to continue reading.

One source claimed: “Police tried to arrest a minor but the whole march refused to move from the van for an hour and he was de-arrested!” 

A video reveals the suspect was released from a Police vehicle to a a massive cheering crowd. 


Advertisement. Scroll to continue reading.